Perhaps you’ve heard people discuss website Search Engine Optimization (SEO). If you have not heard of it or you have heard of it. Either way, if you are in business and have a website, you better educate yourself on the subject. This will take time, but the rewards are plentiful in more ways than one. This article will help you to get off on the right foot, and in a position to succeed.
When using SEO techniques on your webpages, don’t fall for adding lots of extra advertising to boost your rankings in the search engines. While you will get additional traffic from it, these visitors will not be counted towards your search engine rankings.
Search Engines and Website Search Engine Optimization
When looking to hire someone to do website search engine optimization, one of the first questions to ask is to ask how many years of experience they have doing SEO and if they have any referrals that and give positive feedback. You should also research to know the risks involved, so that you can make the most informed decision possible. Here are some tips for SEO:
- Content is the best search engine optimization. Make sure you employ SEO tactics in your blogs posts and articles. SEO style means that you should try to repeat certain keywords as much as you can without breaking the flow in the article, meaning that your content should be written primarily for visitors, not for search engines. If your chosen keywords and phrases are found throughout your page, you’ll find that the search engines will rank you highly for those terms.
- Exchange backlinks with other websites that relate to your topics that have high authority, such websites are websites with high page ranking in your field of expertise. Also link between pages within your website, but do this with caution and only if it’s relevant. Don’t link every page to each other.
- Add Images with good names. Google also draws images in the calculation of the ranking. Google displays both text and images on it’s search engine results page, drawing on relevant images contained in the post itself, which are linked to the corresponding page. Implement keywords of a specific subject in your picture name. So, as an example…instead of using the generic camera file name DSC1025.jpg use manhattan-kansas-top-restaurant.jpg if you have a picture of a picture of a top restaurant in manhattan kansas. Also, don’t forget to use the alt tag and title tag for your images, these will provide better usability and optimization for your search engine ranking.
- Use short permalinks that include keywords. Use an easy to understand permalink for the page and blog you are posting. Instead of use . Also note that only the first four words in a permalink are relevant. Google doesn’t care about any other words in your permalinks.
- Use search engine optimized website themes. Many themes use a lot code to create their layout, design and functionality. The more source code there is the less content and keyword density you have. Also code heavy website can bog down page load speeds and doc your ranking. Fast performing themes are good for your Google ranking, since the performance of a website is one of two hundred criteria that determine your ranking. Checkout your websites speed here at Google Page Speed Insights.
- Create a sitemap in XML format. With WordPress and plugins like Google XML Sitemaps or Yoast SEO are very easy to use.
- Use header tags and Highlight Keywords as best you can on your website. Use of headers such as H1 or the H2 tags will help to emphasize the most important components of your pages. If you need to, use CSS to alter their size. Since search engine use headers in the ranking of websites, these tags are very important. Use the strong tag, too. But don’t overdo any of these. Too many look spammy and search engines like Google don’t like this!
- Add your blog posts to social networks. It is a good idea to not only promote yourself, but promote posts of other websites you like. People will honor your kindness and link back to you.
- Do Not use “black hat techniques” or “mirror html sites”. If you to try to trick Google, they will know. Guaranteed. Being sneaky will do more harm than good to your website rankings.
- Do Not use Flash. Flash is virtually invisible to search engines. Flash isn’t read by the spiders and won’t be indexed. Also, flash does not work with Apple products and a all devices that have touch screen capabilities. If you want to optimize your site, you have to have the right type of content. Use WordPress. Period.
Set your focus on just one aspect of your business per page. Avoid trying to get all your product info into a solitary post or article. This will cause your customer to leave the page. A page that just focuses on one thing will do well at getting people to visit. When you blog through your own website, it increases your search engine visibility. This in turn will increase the number of visitors to your site.
After all is said and done, you learned quite a bit when it comes to website search engine optimization. You may have been aware of some of these tips before, but you may have learned something new as well. Put these tips to work to boost your site’s visibility and research more on what website search engine optimization you can do on your own to save you money.